This wiki is a nonpartisan 501(c)3 project. Information comes from automatic research of public voting records and research by crowdsourcers and the wiki team. We intend for the information on its pages to be substantive, factual, objective, and fully sourced. As crowdsourcers review articles and consider adding information, please be aware that links to partisan ratings and analyses are permitted at Wikipedia but not here.
Mike Morrell (USA CA)
|Mike Morrell (USA CA)|
|Start Edit Date:|
|End Edit Date:|
|Office:||CA State Senator|
|Official Gov Site:||http://senate.ca.gov/sd23|
Draft summary for the individual at Wikipedia
No Wikipedia draft summary has been added for this candidate.
1. What are the individual's views on whether climate change is real and caused by human activity?
2. What votes, actions, and governmental/organizational activities on climate change and clean energy has the individual led/supported/opposed?
Automatically Generated Legislative Actions
SB 1121 California Climate Technology and Infrastructure Financing Act.
- Mike voted nay (against 3rd Reading SB1121 De León).
AB 1110 Greenhouse gases emissions intensity reporting: retail electricity suppliers.
Final legislative action 2016-08-31 passed yeas 54, nays 25.
- Mike did not vote (abstain/not present on Do pass as amended, but first amend, and re-refer to the Committee on [Appropriations]).
- Mike voted nay (against 3rd Reading AB1110 Ting By Wolk).
AB 1550 Greenhouse gases: investment plan: disadvantaged communities.
Final legislative action 2016-08-31 passed yeas 53, nays 22.
- Mike voted nay (against 3rd Reading (Supplemental File 1) AB1550 Gomez By De León).
AB 197 State Air Resources Board: greenhouse gases: regulations.
Final legislative action 2016-08-24 passed yeas 45, nays 30.
- Mike voted nay (against Do pass, but first be re-referred to the Committee on [Appropriations]).
- Mike voted nay (against 2nd Reading AB197 Eduardo Garcia By Pavley).
AB 2722 Transformative Climate Communities Program.
Final legislative action 2016-08-31 passed yeas 49, nays 27.
- Mike voted nay (against 3rd Reading (Supplemental File 1) AB2722 Burke By Lara).
SB 1383 Short-lived climate pollutants: methane emissions: dairy and livestock: organic waste: landfills.
Final legislative action 2016-08-31 passed yeas 25, nays 12.
- Mike voted nay (against 3rd Reading ).
- Mike voted nay (against W/O REF. TO FILE ).
SB 32 California Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006: emissions limit.
Final legislative action 2016-08-24 passed yeas 25, nays 13.
- Mike voted nay (against 3rd Reading ).
- Mike voted nay (against Unfinished Business (Supplemental File 1) SB32 Pavley Concurrence).
SB 350 Clean Energy and Pollution Reduction Act of 2015.
Final legislative action 2015-09-11 passed yeas 26, nays 14.
- Mike voted nay (against Do pass, but first be re-referred to the Committee on [Environmental Quality]).
- Mike voted nay (against 3rd Reading SB350 De León).
- Mike voted nay (against Unfinished Business (Supplemental File 6) SB350 De León Concurrence).
Automatically captured tweets2
Thank special interest politics over economics. RT @CapitolAlert: CA ranked 4th worst in business legal climate http://t.co/DFV3T7xF<a href="https://twitter.com/MikeMorrellGOP/status/245161032329330689/status/ Mon Sep 10 14:05:19 +0000 2012</a>
RT @AssemblyGOP: @SaveCaliJobs: Dan Walters: California has reason to worry about its business climate. Sac Bee: http://t.co/LBT7RZOk<a href="https://twitter.com/MikeMorrellGOP/status/204616886829330432/status/ Mon May 21 16:57:22 +0000 2012</a>
Discussed ways to improve economic climate with local business leaders and the CA #SmallBusiness Association today. http://t.co/xYP9XVfcyc<a href="https://twitter.com/MikeMorrellGOP/status/573998839801061377/status/ Sat Mar 07 00:09:22 +0000 2015</a>
I’ll be a “no” vote on #capandtrade. Call your legislator and ask if they’ll vote to raise taxes on Monday. https://t.co/rDNLg408Tv<a href="https://twitter.com/MikeMorrellGOP/status/885577332362063872/status/ Thu Jul 13 19:11:03 +0000 2017</a>
New year, new committee assignments. Opportunity to work on pensions, energy, the budget, and other issues. http://t.co/DfnO7rC6Fh<a href="https://twitter.com/MikeMorrellGOP/status/552922414221246465/status/ Wed Jan 07 20:19:11 +0000 2015</a>
If California families could see energy costs rise due to new regulatory mandates, they should know. #SB728 http://t.co/9aeXRnKCdg<a href="https://twitter.com/MikeMorrellGOP/status/590665989206978560/status/ Tue Apr 21 23:58:40 +0000 2015</a>