This wiki is a nonpartisan 501(c)3 project. Information comes from automatic research of public voting records and research by crowdsourcers and the wiki team. We intend for the information on its pages to be substantive, factual, objective, and fully sourced. As crowdsourcers review articles and consider adding information, please be aware that links to partisan ratings and analyses are permitted at Wikipedia but not here.
"F" is not in the list of possible values (Female, Male, Enby/nonbinary, Other) for this property.
|Wikipedia section URL on climate (if any):|
|Incumbent or Challenger:||Incumbent|
|House Official Site:||https://love.house.gov/|
|Senate Official Site:|
Draft summary for the individual at Wikipedia
Mia Love supports an all-of-the-above energy approach and cosponsored the Public Land Renewable Energy Development Act and the Master Limited Partnerships Parity Act (1). In 2015, she voted against the Obama administration’s Clean Power Plan (2, 3, 4). (Hyperlink Clean Power Plan https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clean_Power_Plan) In a 2016 debate, she repeatedly declined to say whether she thinks humans play a role in climate change, saying it's not important to ask what's causing climate change but the focus instead should be on trying to address the issue (5).
1. "Energy Independence", Mia Love Campaign Issues Page, http://love4utah.com/issue/energy-independence/ Accessed 2016-10-22.
3. Bill Profile: https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/2042
4. Roll call: http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2015/roll384.xml
5. "Mia Love, Doug Owens spar during congressional debate", on WRAL.com, by Michelle Price, 2016-10-10. http://www.wral.com/mia-love-doug-owens-spar-during-congressional-debate/16105502/
Information HAS NEVER been transferred to Wikipedia ✗
1. What are the individual's views on whether climate change is real and caused by human activity?
In a 2016 debate, Mia Love repeatedly declined to say whether she thinks humans play a role in climate change, saying it's not important to ask what's causing climate change but the focus instead should be on trying to address the issue. http://www.wral.com/mia-love-doug-owens-spar-during-congressional-debate/16105502/
2. What votes, actions, and governmental/organizational activities on climate change and clean energy has the individual led/supported/opposed?
According to her campaign issues page, Mia Love supports an all-of-the-above energy approach and cosponsored the Public Land Renewable Energy Development Act and the Master Limited Partnerships Parity Act. http://love4utah.com/issue/energy-independence/
In 2015, she voted against the Obama administration’s Clean Power Plan.
Roll call: http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2015/roll384.xml
Other relevant and significant information.
Full debate can be viewed at: http://fox13now.com/2016/10/10/love-owens-debate-gets-a-little-heated-in-rematch-election/