This wiki is a nonpartisan 501(c)3 project. Information comes from automatic research of public voting records and research by crowdsourcers and the wiki team. We intend for the information on its pages to be substantive, factual, objective, and fully sourced. As crowdsourcers review articles and consider adding information, please be aware that links to partisan ratings and analyses are permitted at Wikipedia but not here.
"M" is not in the list of possible values (Female, Male, Enby/nonbinary, Other) for this property.
|Wikipedia section URL on climate (if any):|
|Incumbent or Challenger:||Incumbent|
|House Official Site:||https://zeldin.house.gov/|
|Senate Official Site:|
Draft summary for the individual at Wikipedia
In an interview on October 28th, 2014 Lee Zeldin said, “I’m not sold yet on the whole argument that we have as serious a problem with climate change as other people are” (1). In 2015, he supported HR 2042, The Ratepayer Protection Act, which would have prevented implementation of the Clean Power Plan (2,3).
1. “Tim Bishop and Lee Zeldin on key issues”, on Newsday, by Editorial Board, 2014-10-28. http://www.newsday.com/opinion/tim-bishop-and-lee-zeldin-on-the-issues-1.9497502
2. “H.R. 2042 - Ratepayer Protection Act of 2015”, House of Representatives Committee on Rules. https://rules.house.gov/bill/114/hr-2042
3. “Final Vote Results for Roll Call 384”, 2015-06-24. http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2015/roll384.xml
Information HAS NEVER been transferred to Wikipedia ✗
1. What are the individual's views on whether climate change is real and caused by human activity?
In an interview on October 28th, 2014 Lee Zeldin said, “I’m not sold yet on the whole argument that we have as serious a problem with climate change as other people are”. http://www.newsday.com/opinion/tim-bishop-and-lee-zeldin-on-the-issues-1.9497502
2. What votes, actions, and governmental/organizational activities on climate change and clean energy has the individual led/supported/opposed?
In 2015, he supported HR 2042, The Ratepayer Protection Act, which would have prevented implementation of the Clean Power Plan. http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2015/roll384.xml https://rules.house.gov/bill/114/hr-2042
Automatically captured tweets8
I support an energy strategy that secures American energy independence and drives down costs. On Long Island, howev… https://t.co/RwqKr5Pcph<a href="https://twitter.com/RepLeeZeldin/status/949378658535342080/status/ Fri Jan 05 20:34:45 +0000 2018</a>
Joined w/ @RepHultgren @repbenraylujan @RepBillFoster calling for @ENERGY funding to support @BrookhavenLab https://t.co/F8WIE9EAR6<a href="https://twitter.com/RepLeeZeldin/status/850080742902247426/status/ Thu Apr 06 20:20:17 +0000 2017</a>
Other relevant and significant information.