This wiki is a nonpartisan 501(c)3 project. Information comes from automatic research of public voting records and research by crowdsourcers and the wiki team. We intend for the information on its pages to be substantive, factual, objective, and fully sourced. As crowdsourcers review articles and consider adding information, please be aware that links to partisan ratings and analyses are permitted at Wikipedia but not here.
"F" is not in the list of possible values (Female, Male, Enby/nonbinary, Other) for this property.
|Wikipedia section URL on climate (if any):|
|Incumbent or Challenger:||Incumbent|
|House Official Site:||http://sinema.house.gov/|
|Senate Official Site:|
Draft summary for the individual at Wikipedia
In 2016, Kyrsten Sinema said "Scientific research has concluded that our climate is changing and human activity is contributing to climate change," (1). In December 2015, she voted for HR 2042, a bill designed block implementation of the Clean Power Plan (2,3). In 2014, she voted for a House amendment calling on Congress to recognize that man-made carbon pollution contributes to climate change and that climate change has a wide range of negative effects (4).
1. The Voter Guide 2016. http://c3.thevoterguide.org/v/phoenix16/race-detail.do?id=15113242&party=Rep Accessed 2016-10-25
2. "Measure to block EPA Clean Power Plan passes House," in Utility Dive, Robert Walton, 2015-06-26. http://www.utilitydive.com/news/measure-to-block-epa-clean-power-plan-passes-house/401376/
3. U.S. House of Representatives Roll Call Votes 114th Congress, Vote Number 384, 2015-06-24. http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2015/roll384.xml
4. U.S. House of Representatives Roll Call Votes 113th Congress, Vote Number 103, 2014-03-06 http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2014/roll103.xml
Information HAS NEVER been transferred to Wikipedia ✗
1. What are the individual's views on whether climate change is real and caused by human activity?
In 2016, she said "scientific research has concluded that our climate is changing and human activity is contributing to climate change." http://c3.thevoterguide.org/v/phoenix16/race-detail.do?id=15113242&party=Rep
2. What votes, actions, and governmental/organizational activities on climate change and clean energy has the individual led/supported/opposed?
In December 2015, she voted for HR 2042, a bill designed block implementation of the Clean Power Plan. http://www.utilitydive.com/news/measure-to-block-epa-clean-power-plan-passes-house/401376/ https://rules.house.gov/bill/114/hr-2042 In 2014, she voted for a House amendment calling on Congress to recognize that man-made carbon pollution contributes to climate change and that climate change has a wide range of negative effects.
Automatically captured tweets7
So much fun sharing my no-bake energy bite recipe with @JavierSotoTV. Perfect for National #MountainClimbing Day! https://t.co/eZFsaC4Gc9<a href="https://twitter.com/kyrstensinema/status/892551616154411009/status/ Wed Aug 02 01:04:22 +0000 2017</a>
Other relevant and significant information.
Kirkpatrick and Sinema put polluters before environment. http://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/letters/2015/07/04/kirkpatrick-and-sinema-put-polluters-before-environment/29716745/