This wiki is a nonpartisan 501(c)3 project. Information comes from automatic research of public voting records and research by crowdsourcers and the wiki team. We intend for the information on its pages to be substantive, factual, objective, and fully sourced. As crowdsourcers review articles and consider adding information, please be aware that links to partisan ratings and analyses are permitted at Wikipedia but not here.
"M" is not in the list of possible values (Female, Male, Enby/nonbinary, Other) for this property.
|Wikipedia section URL on climate (if any):|
|Incumbent or Challenger:||Incumbent|
|House Official Site:||https://katko.house.gov/|
|Senate Official Site:|
Draft summary for the individual at Wikipedia
In 2015, John Katko voted to disapprove of the Clean Power Plan, but voted against blocking limits on greenhouse gas emissions from new power plants. (1) In 2016, he said his positions on climate change were “evolving” and co-sponsored a bill acknowledging human activities have impacted the climate. (2, 3)
1. “Reps. John Katko, Richard Hanna split with GOP over Obama clean power plan” on Syracuse.com, by Mark Weiner, 2015-12-02. http://www.syracuse.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/12/reps_john_katko_richard_hanna_split_with_gop_over_obama_clean_power_plan.html
2. “Katko says his position on climate change evolving, recognizes human role” on WRVO.org, by Payne Horning, 2016-07-22. http://wrvo.org/post/katko-says-his-position-climate-change-evolving-recognizes-human-role#stream/0
3. “Rep. John Katko acknowledges human role in climate change” on Syracuse.com, by Mark Weiner, 2016-07-19. http://www.syracuse.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/07/rep_john_katko_acknowledges_human_role_in_climate_change.html
Information HAS NEVER been transferred to Wikipedia ✗
1. What are the individual's views on whether climate change is real and caused by human activity?
In 2016, John Katko said his positions on climate change were “evolving”. http://wrvo.org/post/katko-says-his-position-climate-change-evolving-recognizes-human-role#stream/0
In 2016, John Katko co-sponsored a bill acknowledging human activities have impacted the climate. http://www.syracuse.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/07/rep_john_katko_acknowledges_human_role_in_climate_change.html
2. What votes, actions, and governmental/organizational activities on climate change and clean energy has the individual led/supported/opposed?
In 2015, John Katko voted to disapprove of the Clean Power Plan, but voted against blocking limits on greenhouse gas emissions from new power plants. http://www.syracuse.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/12/reps_john_katko_richard_hanna_split_with_gop_over_obama_clean_power_plan.html
Automatically captured tweets5
#SaveFitzPatrick nuclear energy plant -- http://t.co/aQbmu20yiU<a href="https://twitter.com/RepJohnKatko/status/646023926888464384/status/ Mon Sep 21 18:11:21 +0000 2015</a>
https://twitter.com/RepJohnKatko/status/951905976138989568/status/ Fri Jan 12 19:57:24 +0000 2018</a>6
Checking in with Phil Van Horne on @WSYRNews @BlueRockEnergy Hour -- we're talking renewable energy & nuclear power https://t.co/fsBpFO8kpp<a href="https://twitter.com/RepJohnKatko/status/701079521856983040/status/ Sat Feb 20 16:22:38 +0000 2016</a>
Other relevant and significant information.