This wiki is a nonpartisan 501(c)3 project. Information comes from automatic research of public voting records and research by crowdsourcers and the wiki team. We intend for the information on its pages to be substantive, factual, objective, and fully sourced. As crowdsourcers review articles and consider adding information, please be aware that links to partisan ratings and analyses are permitted at Wikipedia but not here.
Evan Low (USA CA)
|Evan Low (USA CA)|
|Start Edit Date:||2017/06/13|
|End Edit Date:||2017/06/13|
|Office:||CA State Assemblymember|
|Official Gov Site:||http://asmdc.org/members/a28|
Draft summary for the individual at Wikipedia
Evan Low believes that legislation to combat climate change “will preserve critical investments in clean energy projects that reduce emissions and improve the quality of life for all Californians” (1). He voted for SB 32: The California Global Warming Solutions Act, which established new California clean energy, clean air and greenhouse gas reduction goals for 2030, in 2016, though not in 2015 (2).
1. Evan Low, “Stand up for our environmental future”, September 1, 2016, elected office site, https://a28.asmdc.org/e-alert/standing-our-environmental-future
2. Liam Dillion, “More than a dozen assembly members flipped their votes from last year to support climate change bill”, August 23, 2016, LA Times, http://www.latimes.com/politics/essential/la-pol-sac-essential-politics-updates-more-than-a-dozen-assemblymembers-1471987788-htmlstory.html
Information HAS NEVER been transferred to Wikipedia ✗
1. What are the individual's views on whether climate change is real and caused by human activity?
In a press statement Evan Low issued in support of SB 350, he stated, “addressing climate change is the civil rights issue of our generation.” (Evan Low, “Assemblymember Low Expresses Support of Legislation to Combat Climate Change”, September 12, 2016, Sacramento, https://a28.asmdc.org/press-release/assemblymember-low-expresses-support-legislation-combat-climate-change)
2. What votes, actions, and governmental/organizational activities on climate change and clean energy has the individual led/supported/opposed?
Evan Low voted for SB 32 and stated that this legislation “will preserve critical investments in clean energy projects that reduce emissions and improve the quality of life for all Californians.” (Press release dated September 1, 2016, https://a28.asmdc.org/e-alert/standing-our-environmental-future)
Low authored AB 2395, which would establish a state policy for a transition from “the last vestiges of the outdated, and carbon unfriendly plain-old-telephone-service (POTS) network to modern, fiber-optic networks and services.” This legislation, according to Low, would help the state meet its carbon reduction goals. (“Low Introduces Legislation to Modernize California's Telecommunications Network”, April 11, 2016, https://a28.asmdc.org/press-release/low-introduces-legislation-modernize-californias-telecommunications-network) The bill passed in the Assembly Committee of Utilities and Commerce on April 13, 2016. (Accessed Jun 9, 2017, http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billVotesClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160AB2395)
Automatically Generated Legislative Actions
AB 1110 Greenhouse gases emissions intensity reporting: retail electricity suppliers.
Final legislative action 2016-08-31 passed yeas 54, nays 25.
- Evan voted yea (in favor of AB 1110 TING Consent Calendar Second Day ).
- Evan voted yea (in favor of AB 1110 TING Concurrence in Senate Amendments).
AB 1550 Greenhouse gases: investment plan: disadvantaged communities.
Final legislative action 2016-08-31 passed yeas 53, nays 22.
- Evan voted yea (in favor of AB 1550 GOMEZ Assembly Third Reading).
- Evan voted yea (in favor of AB 1550 GOMEZ Concurrence in Senate Amendments).
AB 197 State Air Resources Board: greenhouse gases: regulations.
Final legislative action 2016-08-24 passed yeas 45, nays 30.
- Evan voted yea (in favor of AB 197 GARCIA, E. Assembly Third Reading).
- Evan voted yea (in favor of AB 197 GARCIA, E. Concurrence in Senate Amendments).
AB 2722 Transformative Climate Communities Program.
Final legislative action 2016-08-31 passed yeas 49, nays 27.
- Evan voted yea (in favor of AB 2722 BURKE Assembly Third Reading).
- Evan voted yea (in favor of AB 2722 BURKE Concurrence in Senate Amendments).
SB 1383 Short-lived climate pollutants: methane emissions: dairy and livestock: organic waste: landfills.
Final legislative action 2016-08-31 passed yeas 25, nays 12.
- Evan voted yea (in favor of SB 1383 Lara Senate Third Reading Amend By THURMOND Set #1).
- Evan voted yea (in favor of SB 1383 Lara Senate Third Reading By THURMOND).
SB 32 California Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006: emissions limit.
Final legislative action 2016-08-24 passed yeas 25, nays 13.
- Evan voted yea (in favor of SB 32 Pavley Senate Third Reading Amend By WILLIAMS Set #1).
- Evan voted nay (against SB 32 Pavley Senate Third Reading By RIDLEY-THOMAS).
- Evan voted yea (in favor of SB 32 Pavley Motion to Reconsider).
- Evan voted yea (in favor of SB 32 Pavley Senate Third Reading Amend By GARCIA, E. Set #1).
- Evan voted yea (in favor of SB 32 Pavley Senate Third Reading By GARCIA, E.).
SB 350 Clean Energy and Pollution Reduction Act of 2015.
Final legislative action 2015-09-11 passed yeas 26, nays 14.
- Evan voted yea (in favor of SB 350 De León Senate Third Reading Amend By WILLIAMS Set #1).
- Evan voted yea (in favor of SB 350 De León Senate Third Reading By ATKINS).
AB 151 California Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006: market-based compliance mechanisms: scoping plan: report.
Evan was coauthor of AB 151.
AB 618 Local Agency Public Construction Act: job order contracting: school districts: community college districts.
Evan was author of AB 618.
- Evan voted yea (in favor of Do pass and be re-referred to the Committee on [Appropriations]).
- Evan voted yea (in favor of AB 618 LOW Assembly Third Reading).
Automatically captured tweets5
@LeoDiCaprio Happy to chat. We need a collective solution 4 climate change & I welcome the chat. Feel free to give me a call- 916-319-2028<a href="https://twitter.com/Evan_Low/status/641746404394700800/status/ Wed Sep 09 22:54:00 +0000 2015</a>
The pleasure was mine, Chancellor @judycminer7 ! What great energy around Foothill De Anza! https://t.co/NIhhk5JjeE<a href="https://twitter.com/Evan_Low/status/922483151057723392/status/ Mon Oct 23 15:21:36 +0000 2017</a>
Proud to support #SB350. This allows California to remain as a global leader in combating climate change https://t.co/JkjSxrHXlr<a href="https://twitter.com/AsmEvanLow/status/651834064328986624/status/ Wed Oct 07 18:58:46 +0000 2015</a>
Thx to former US Vice President @algore for speaking in Silicon Valley about the #inconvenienttruth on climate chan… https://t.co/AGHfREnhLk<a href="https://twitter.com/Evan_Low/status/862159035914752001/status/ Wed May 10 04:15:06 +0000 2017</a>
Great energy in support of Equality at the annual San Diego Victory Fund brunch http://t.co/kZZh6Wb0CF<a href="https://twitter.com/Evan_Low/status/574704356248936448/status/ Sun Mar 08 22:52:50 +0000 2015</a>
Nations Approve Landmark Climate Accord in Paris https://t.co/OXKZE9fh6X<a href="https://twitter.com/AsmEvanLow/status/675782472982904832/status/ Sat Dec 12 21:01:11 +0000 2015</a>
Other relevant and significant information.
On his campaign website, Low states he “pushed for tough new ‘green policy’ that promotes energy conservation and smart growth building practices in the City of Campbell.” Low was the mayor of Campbell from 2010 to 2014. (Accessed June 9, 2017, http://evanlowforassembly.com/meet-evan/)