This wiki is a nonpartisan 501(c)3 project. Information comes from automatic research of public voting records and research by crowdsourcers and the wiki team. We intend for the information on its pages to be substantive, factual, objective, and fully sourced. As crowdsourcers review articles and consider adding information, please be aware that links to partisan ratings and analyses are permitted at Wikipedia but not here.
|Wikipedia section URL on climate (if any):|
|Incumbent or Challenger:||Incumbent|
|House Official Site:||http://jolly.house.gov/|
|Senate Official Site:|
Draft summary for the individual at Wikipedia
In 2014 David Jolly said, "I don't think the impact that humans have had on our climate is so dramatic that it requires a significant shift in federal policy" (1). In 2015, he voted against the Obama administration’s Clean Power Plan (2, 3, 4). (Hyperlink Clean Power Plan https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clean_Power_Plan) In 2016 he said, "I think the climate’s changing. I think man’s had an impact, and we need to stop arguing about the science" (5).
1. "Pinellas candidates differ on global warming, sea level rise" on Tampa Bay Times, by Curtis Krueger, 2014-01-26. http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/elections/pinellas-candidates-tackle-global-warming-sea-level-rise/2162818
3. Bill Profile: https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/2042
4. Roll call: http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2015/roll384.xml
5. "Rep. David Jolly says he's 'sick and tired' of GOP position on climate change" on Tampa Bay Times, by Alex Leary, 2016-04-13. http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/the-buzz-florida-politics/rep-david-jolly-says-hes-sick-and-tired-of-gop-position-on-climate-change/2273038
Information HAS NEVER been transferred to Wikipedia ✗
1. What are the individual's views on whether climate change is real and caused by human activity?
In 2014 David Jolly said, "I don't think the impact that humans have had on our climate is so dramatic that it requires a significant shift in federal policy." http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/elections/pinellas-candidates-tackle-global-warming-sea-level-rise/2162818
In 2016 he said, "I think the climate’s changing. I think man’s had an impact, and we need to stop arguing about the science". http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/the-buzz-florida-politics/rep-david-jolly-says-hes-sick-and-tired-of-gop-position-on-climate-change/2273038
2. What votes, actions, and governmental/organizational activities on climate change and clean energy has the individual led/supported/opposed?
In 2015, he voted against the Obama administration’s Clean Power Plan.
Roll call: http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2015/roll384.xml
Other relevant and significant information.