This wiki is a nonpartisan 501(c)3 project. Information comes from automatic research of public voting records and research by crowdsourcers and the wiki team. We intend for the information on its pages to be substantive, factual, objective, and fully sourced. As crowdsourcers review articles and consider adding information, please be aware that links to partisan ratings and analyses are permitted at Wikipedia but not here.
"M" is not in the list of possible values (Female, Male, Enby/nonbinary, Other) for this property.
|Wikipedia section URL on climate (if any):|
|Incumbent or Challenger:||Incumbent|
|House Official Site:||https://poliquin.house.gov/|
|Senate Official Site:|
Draft summary for the individual at Wikipedia
In 2010, Bruce Poliquin said “clearly our climate is changing; the question is, is man responsible for that climate change? I personally am suspect” (1). In 2012, he stated, “Climate changes over long cycles. Everyone wants a clean environment. Congress should not stunt economic growth via huge carbon tax” (2). In 2015, he voted for HR 2042, The Ratepayer Protection Act, which would have prevented implementation of the Clean Power Plan (3, 4).
1. “Rep. Poliquin votes with Big Oil and Wall Street against Maine lobstermen”, Beacon, 2015-08-28. http://mainebeacon.com/rep-poliquin-votes-with-big-oil-and-wall-street-against-maine-lobstermen/
2. “Bruce L. Poliquin”, Bangor Daily News, http://bangordailynews.com/candidate/bruce-l-poliquin/
3. “H.R. 2042 - Ratepayer Protection Act of 2015”, House of Representatives Committee on Rules. https://rules.house.gov/bill/114/hr-2042
4. “Final Vote Results for Roll Call 384”, 2015-06-24. http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2015/roll384.xml
Information HAS NEVER been transferred to Wikipedia ✗
1. What are the individual's views on whether climate change is real and caused by human activity?
In 2010, Bruce Poliquin said “clearly our climate is changing; the question is, is man responsible for that climate change? I personally am suspect”. http://mainebeacon.com/rep-poliquin-votes-with-big-oil-and-wall-street-against-maine-lobstermen/ In 2012, he stated, “Climate changes over long cycles. Everyone wants a clean environmnet. Congress should not stunt economic growth via huge carbon tax”. http://bangordailynews.com/candidate/bruce-l-poliquin/
2. What votes, actions, and governmental/organizational activities on climate change and clean energy has the individual led/supported/opposed?
In 2015, he voted for HR 2042, The Ratepayer Protection Act, which would have prevented implementation of the Clean Power Plan. http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2015/roll384.xml https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/2042
Other relevant and significant information.
Article on Where All ME Congressional Candidates Stand on Climate. http://www.freepressonline.com/Content/Top-Scrolling-Area/Top-Scrolling-Area/Article/Where-the-Candidates-Stand-on-Climate-Change/126/724/48063