This wiki is a nonpartisan 501(c)3 project. Information comes from automatic research of public voting records and research by crowdsourcers and the wiki team. We intend for the information on its pages to be substantive, factual, objective, and fully sourced. As crowdsourcers review articles and consider adding information, please be aware that links to partisan ratings and analyses are permitted at Wikipedia but not here.
|Wikipedia section URL on climate (if any):|
|Incumbent or Challenger:||Incumbent|
|House Official Site:|
|Senate Official Site:|
Draft summary for the individual at Wikipedia
In 2008, Al Lawson was a member of the Florida Governor's Action Team on Energy & Climate Change (1). As a Florida legislator, he sponsored Preservation 2000 allowed for the purchase more than 2.5 million acres of environmentally sensitive land (2,3).
1. "Florida’s Energy & Climate Change Action Plan," Governor’s Action Team on Energy & Climate Change, 2008-10-15. https://www.broward.org/NaturalResources/ClimateChange/Documents/phase2report08.pdf
2. "Florida Statutes 259.101 – Florida Preservation 2000 Act" https://www.lawserver.com/law/state/florida/statutes/florida_statutes_259-101
3. "Lawson, Smith bios and questionnaires," The Florida Times-Union, 2016-10-20. http://jacksonville.com/columnists/2016-10-20/lawson-smith-bios-and-questionnaires
1. What are the individual's views on whether climate change is real and caused by human activity?
2. What votes, actions, and governmental/organizational activities on climate change and clean energy has the individual led/supported/opposed?
In 2008, he was a member of the Florida Governor's Action Team on Energy & Climate Change. https://www.broward.org/NaturalResources/ClimateChange/Documents/phase2report08.pdf As a Florida legislator, he sponsored Preservation 2000 allowed for the purchase more than 2.5 million acres of environmentally sensitive land. https://www.lawserver.com/law/state/florida/statutes/florida_statutes_259-101 http://jacksonville.com/columnists/2016-10-20/lawson-smith-bios-and-questionnaires
Other relevant and significant information.